Tuesday, July 22, 2008

PR - kinda comes in handy when you're oh, well, famous.

So, I went, I saw and now I'm over it. I don't think I had realized just how full of themselves the Bachchans had become. Their new tour certainly hit it home. Where to start?

They booked the Skydome for the show. One of the biggest venues in the city. Ambitious. The stadium was half empty (Shah Rukh Khan, by the way, filled every single damn seat in his show). The "concert" opened with some lame individual dance numbers with bad music and even worse costume choices. Not once did any of the performers even acknowledge that there was an audience in front of them (other than to repeat the phrase "We love you Toronto!" Some overpaid key message writer must be congratulating themselves on that one). I'll admit the show's quality improved about halfway through when the guest star Akshay Kumar did his little number. At least he knew a thing or two about relating to an audience. All in all, I expected more from the Bollywood mafia - I mean trio. It's quite clear they're really no match for the Khan. The only thing I can do now is forget I ever saw this tour and keep on pretending that Amitabh is still my "koolie Iqbal" and that Abhishek is still my "Shankar." *sigh* Oh, by the way, they love us Toronto!


That's the king himself there in the black top.
The king, his business partner - I mean daughter-in-law - and Abhishek
Akshay doing his thang. He is hot. hot hot hot.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home