Thursday, July 10, 2008

JJ's green thumb challenge

The game: How long can JJ keep plants alive?

The background:

Since I quit smoking, I've become unusually obsessed with being more healthy. So much so that I joined a fitness boot camp (yes, it's true) and am making more food at home to control what I eat. All the cooking inspired me to take it even further and start growing my own food! But since my apartment is known as the place where living things come to die, I decided to start small by planting some herbs.

The packaging said to plant in May, but I swear they didn't take Canadian weather into account when they wrote the instructions because the first time I planted the poor little things died. I was heartbroken, but eventually regained my strength and here I am, at the start of Round 2. I planted coriander, basil and oregano. So, let's see how long they fare and whether or not they live to be cooked! Mmmm!

Here they are at only two weeks:
Left to right: coriander, basil and oregano

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 17, 2008 3:42 PM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

when are you making me dinner? hmmm? with fresh herbs and a fine red wine...

 
At July 17, 2008 4:26 PM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

when the condo invasion is over. :S will have to have a house-leaving party!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home