Thursday, October 11, 2007

All about the art...

Work has been insane, and I have had no time or energy to maintain my blog, as you can see. So even tho it's better late than never, as promised, my Nuit Blanche post:

So Toronto had it's second annual Nuit Blanche event this year (I thought I had blogged about the first one last year, but apparently I didn't, oh well!). The event is an all-night contemporary art crawl through the city (it goes on in other cities around the world, as well), and this year over a million people walked through the streets of Toronto to bask in the glory of local, national and international artists. This year's event was a bit different for me, since I worked half of it. Got to start out the night at the official VIP launch, where I met the mayor, some media ppl and randoms I didn't know. After the reception, it was off to some photoshoots, and THEN - the most exciting event for me at least - a photoshoot in the ghost subway station that was built underneath our normal subway line, called Lower Bay Station. The station was also the site of a sound installation as part of the Nuit Blanche exhibit - there's a whole other blog about it so read about it here, it's very cool. So while we were in the tunnel photographing, I ended up getting to be part of the shoot! Lol, not officially, but they let me have the pics as a keepsake. Very fun, and now I definitely have a lot more sympathy for those ANTM girls! All in all it was an awesome night and yay for next year's event!



Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 18, 2007 8:32 AM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

oooo..the photos are all shaky! very cool...i must say, i was actually very disappointed in Nuit Blanche.... seemed like most people were just out b/c they wanted an excuse to stay up till dawn and roam the streets while stoned..not that there's anything wrong with that

 
At October 18, 2007 10:59 AM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

lol yah that was the look the photographer was going for...he wanted to capture the sort of chaos and festivity of Nuit Blanche, and tried to reflect that with the crazy lighting and movement in the photos. Was a very cool experience. Yeah I was highly dissapointed by the public in general and how they behaved and treated the whole evening. Was disrespectful to the artists and to the spirit of the event.

 
At October 18, 2007 11:02 PM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

yes..and to me because they didn't share! ahaha....

but no seriously. if they didn't want to see the art, they should have gone clubbing and stayed off the streets....damn kids!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home