Monday, September 10, 2007

Next year, someone smack me when I suggest attending a 2-day V-fest.

Two days of a music festival and my old-ass is TIRED. But I’ll indulge you today, with our stories of a very awesome 2007 Virgin Festival, only because I am exhausted and have very little enthusiasm to write about branding this morning.

Day 1: We made our way to Toronto Island Park on the ferry (I swear, I’m talking about Toronto, not Sydney), and caught M.I.A. (yeeee! she crowd surfed and banded together the audience for a dance-fest on stage with her!) and Kid Koala, before seeking out the beer cage for some sustenance. After our thirst was thoroughly quenched, we headed back out to the main stage for the Artic Monkeys (boring), and then INTERPOL. Yes that’s right, you read correctly. Interpol! Show me the dirt pile and I will pray.... They were incredibly fabulous, as can be expected, and were definitely my highlight of the day. Bjork was the main closing act, and as per her norm, she put on quite the show. I’ve never quite been a Bjork fan, not that I have anything against her – I just don’t listen to her. She is very cool in concert though, and I think I may be reformed!

A view of the city from the ferry...

M.I.A., nananananana....boyz there? how many boyz there how many?
Interpol.. :D in the larger version it's brighter..don't know why it went darker when i compressed it..

Day 2: Woke up insanely hungover and sore (more signs that my aging body is slowly deteriorating), and made it back to the Island just in time to catch the ever-entertaining youngens, Tokyo Police Club. Adorable and very fun live (and the kids really do ga-ga for them). Stars came on next (they were OK), and Metric (I had never heard of this Toronto band before, but now I have found a new love!). The second-day highlight for me was definitely The Killers, I love their showmanship! We skipped out on the Pumpkins (yes I know, but really, they’re not the original band anyway and I highly doubt they would’ve played the only song I know and love: Bullet with butterfly wings), because an important following day at work required fresh and alert employees who had had sweet dreams.

les femmes on Day II

Yeeeah...you know you gotta help me out...oh don't you put me on the blackburner...

So that was V-Fest….if the line-up is good next year, and you’re not an old fogy like me, then I would highly recommend checking it out next year. The whole event is just planned and organized really well, which keeps the blood-boiling rage that often ensues at large festivals at bay, and lets you enjoy the fantabulous bands! Kudos to the event management team who worked this year’s event!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At September 11, 2007 8:40 AM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

haha...you..loving interpol......hahahahah...sorry...it's just that i remember the look on your face the firt time someone played them for you...

 
At September 11, 2007 9:44 AM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

ehaehah yah...its kind of odd that i love them now..but i guess its always possible for something good to come out of something bad...

 
At September 11, 2007 11:06 PM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

"out of something bad..." that's a little extreme, don't you think?

 
At September 12, 2007 8:59 AM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

yes it is....now i feel bad for saying it..lol..i'm a horrible person..

 
At September 12, 2007 9:59 AM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

lol..it's ok... you're not a horrible person..please don't attempt to drown your sorrows in rum

 
At September 12, 2007 3:26 PM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

you never said anything about drowning them in wine...and i have a full bottle of my beloved rosemount cab-merlot waiting for me at home..mmmmm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home