Friday, September 28, 2007

Just when I thought I'd gotten sick of moving...

I'll soon be celebrating my one-year anniversary in my new condo (I guess it's not really new anymore), and what better way to celebrate than to decide you don't want it anymore! That's right..after one year..I gots no loves for the Sheppie anymore....cuz all my lovin is over at West Queen West..in bohemia-ville. The barren wasteland that is Yonge & Sheppard no longer appeals to me - nor does the desire to continue to save money and restrict myself from social/foodie heaven. I figure, I've got the rest of my life to worry about saving money and cutting down on my social life..but right now, I just want to be able to stroll out of my apartment and sink into a comfy cafe couch with my no-foam latte and brunch in tow. I also want to be able to spend ridiculous gobs of money on pretty things, and there is no shortage of that in WQW. AND, to top of it off, not only would I be right downtown, I would ALSO have nature quite conveniently across the street at Trinity Bellwoods Park. Clearly, the benefits far outweigh the negatives (not being directly on the subway line and having to use the streetcar in winter; no commercial, conglomerate chain stores like loblaws or blockbuster, ick!; parking problems; and, not being close to the highway). Quite honestly, I am so glad to be rid of the chain stores because now I can go shopping at the St. Lawrence market and Chinatown. So, apartment hunting will start soon..wish me luck!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 28, 2007 10:35 PM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

before you start hunting, consider this: do you really want to move in the winter?

 
At September 29, 2007 12:37 PM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

dude...i can't handle another winter out at yonge & shep...and this time i would totally hire movers...

 
At October 01, 2007 9:50 AM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

well so long as you hire movers...cause moving in the winter would be a B**ch

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home