Monday, December 04, 2006

Going bananas for Johny Banana!

Was furniture shopping with little becs yesterday on Queen Street West when..suddenly..out of knowhere...hunger struck! The pains and immense turbulence that ensued within our tummies was too much to bear...so we ducked out from the blistering cold of Toronto's winter and found a diamond in the rough....Johny Banana...a fusion Latino bistro just off of Queen Street West on Bathurst. And oh my, how satisfied our tummies were after a FABULOUS dinner of contemporary mexican cuisine. The food was scrumptious (I had the tacos, which were exactly like the real Mexican tacos Hose used to make for myself and the girls on our weekend party-trips to Toronto back in Uni), their fresh juices and shakes were yummy (they even had tamarind juice!), the service was great and their waittress was not only super honest, but knows the menu well..and I like when the waitstaff know what they're serving...plus the decor was super funky and festive. All in all it was a great discovery for us, and I'll definitely go back there for more self-indulgence (and perhaps plan a party there?? hmmm...25th on the 25th celebrating in Me-hi-can style anyone?) .

On a second note...I finally have a coffee table...yes that's right...been living in my condo for almost 2 months now...and am JUST buying a coffee table...in all fairness...I've been broke as a muthafooka and have been buying everything for the house super slowly...but with a looming housewarming party date set up...I'm getting my ass into gear. Also had a browse for some accent cushions for the couch..and...believe me when I say that I've really look at everywhere I can possible think of for pillows that will go my couch..and really...I shouldn't have been allowed to shop for my apartment without a designer with me because I've purchased and returned too many things that don't end up matching. Anyways, so I FINALLY found the most PERFECT pillows..and when I say perfect..i mean...PPUUUUUUURRRFECT....they're silk...in black and dark blue....there's just one catch...all together with tax...the total will be somewhere around $400...yes you read correctly...pillows for $400....now...I've been a good girl so far...being very good budget-wise....so is it really really really bad if I want to splurge on just this one thing?? Someone help me justify this ridiculously over-indulgent expenditure!!

8 Comments:

At December 05, 2006 6:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You see! You have things to say....what am I going to say apart from that I experienced these moments with you?? I'll figure something out.

 
At December 06, 2006 9:38 AM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

Lol...but you experienced these moments too so you could write about them! DOOD..you're an arts major...bring back the creativity!! or have you lost it to the accountants? ;) tsk tsk...

 
At December 06, 2006 11:08 AM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

i'm sorry....did you say $400 for pillows? sweety, just buy some fabric and commission someone to make them for you...so much cheaper....

 
At December 06, 2006 2:27 PM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

yees i know...but also more time-consuming...and i couldn't find anyone to make them for me! if any of y'all know a seamstress that can make pillows and a cuvet cover for me..i would love forever!

 
At December 06, 2006 2:28 PM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

i meant a DUVET cover...and that i would love YOU forever...my goodness what is happening to my typing these days..

 
At December 08, 2006 7:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

heeeeeeeey - wait a second! i thought your coffee table was arriving this weekend, hence you couldn't come to London :( i'm hurt...truly.

 
At December 08, 2006 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh & $400 on pillows is ridiculous. Seriously girl...not worth it. those things, even if they are silk, are worth like $10 each MAX. keep lookin...but your friend junky's got the right idea - that's what i did...tres cheap (well, free in my case) :P

 
At December 08, 2006 9:23 PM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

yah i BOUGHT the coffee table..but seeing as i dont have a car...delivery takes a while....so its being DELIVERED this weekend..tonight as a matter of fact...and the fookers aren't here yet...grrr....plus...yes free or nearly cheap to get someone to make cushions...unfortunately i dont have any contacts in toronto to do that! aaand i feel like spoiling myself..hoorah!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home