Wednesday, March 07, 2007

toasted coconuts and me...

So last week....I had this amazing toasted coconut flavoured coffee at a local cafe...and it was delicious...like the best coffee..EVER...next to of course..Mr. Espresso's flat whites made with love and tender care by previous manager Fil.... *sniff and tears by the way*...anyways...I digress....so ever since I tasted this drop of heaven...I've been OBSESSED with finding a way to make it at home....I even went as a far as to sprinkle coconut flakes INTO the ground coffee..but to no avail....all my attempts failed.

Then...to my surprise..I came into work yesterday morning to find a small bottle of coconut extract and a note from the junky.."try THIS in your coffee"....and guess what..it worked! yay splendid fantastic wonderful...even more reasons to get all crazy-like with my morning coffee....deeeeelicious! thanks junky!

6 Comments:

At March 07, 2007 9:42 AM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

yay!! i'm so glad it worked

 
At March 07, 2007 12:30 PM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

yaaah....its yummy....lol..worked so much better than those damn flakes!

 
At March 07, 2007 9:59 PM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

haha...but at least the flakes look pretty.... if you ever make a latter or cappuccino at home you can use them on top of the foam

 
At March 08, 2007 9:37 AM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

oooo yet another brilliant idea!

 
At March 12, 2007 10:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm sounds delightful! you'll have to take me to this coconut coffee place next time i'm in town! :)

 
At March 12, 2007 11:29 AM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

oh it was just a one-time thing at that coffee place...i've gone back but they never have the coconut coffee anymore :( hence the mad attempts to try and make it at home...but this time with success! so i'll make it for u the next time u're in town...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home