Monday, June 18, 2007

Return of the BEACH...

My return to the beach this Sunday, for the first time since I left Sydney, was anything but a disappointment. The girls + boy headed down to The Beaches, a *you guessed it* beachside community at Queen Street East, and spent the day baking under the sun, eating ice cream and dipping our toes in cool water, followed by cold *beverages* at a nearby patio. Though the super-insanely-and-oddly-hot sand burned blisters into my toes, every bit of the experience was GLORIOUS.


It's been a slow and gradual process of falling in love with the T-dot for me, but after yesterday, my love for this city doubled in points (I currently have a 20-point rating system that measures love, with points-to-date being 14). I may have had a lot of disdain for Toronto in the past, but that has largely dissipated, mainly due to the realization that there is a lot of cool shit to do in this city. Where else can you attend a festival for doggies, a naked bike ride, and smoke shisha and listen to jazz on a patio, all in the same month? The fact that I can maintain a relatively similar lifestyle to the one I led in the Oz-land makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Some photos from our beach-filled weekend:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home