Monday, November 21, 2005

Hare Krishna Hare Rama

It's amazing how much time you have when you actually wake up in the morning!! I woke up at 10:30 a.m. today and I've already done 3 things: went to the gym (no pounds lighter yet), showered, made breakfast, did my nails....blah blah...and I still have an entire day! AMAZING.

So Nic and I were discussing the Hare Krishnas this morning. I've been to two street festivals in the last two weeks here (
Newtown Street Festival and the Glebe Street Festival) and there have been Hare Krishnas runnin about at both of them. I've always thought they were some crazy hippies who came to India and thought Hinduism was all about free loving spirits and drugs. Apparently not. There's actually a philosophy behind their antics. They do all kinds of humanitarian work all over the world for the homeless, animal protection and the environment. Very cool.

Hare Krishna Hare Rama....hmmm....


P.S. >> If you're into foreign films, go see the Indian film Mangal Pandey. It's fabulous..AMAZING even..think Braveheart but with brown people. Annnd....what's even more fun...check out this game. yay!

1 Comments:

At November 22, 2005 1:58 AM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

hey!!! you're a liar!!!

the date's wrong!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home