Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back in the Desi land...

Well here I am...back in Dhaka after two years and it's still the same. It's like time just stands still in this country, which is kind of nice when you expect it to rekindle some of your childhood memories. This year, however, things are just a little different as I'm missing my favourite uncle who is finally at peace. Other than that...the family is doing fabulous....and the home cooking is doing even better!! :o)

HAPPY NEW YEAR by the way...had a fabulous time..went to watch the Opera House fireworks out in Balmain (a Sydney suburb) with the Junky, Jadeo, Anand, Bilal and their two friends from the states Ahsen and Short Dog. Set up a blanket in a park with tons of other party-goers and got completely and utterly wasted. I never realized how fun it could be to get hammered in a park with your feet in the grass...just fabulous. Will update with pics once I get back to Sydney....can't use my computer here and all my pics are on it. Hope everyone enjoyed their new years celebrations with whatever you did. Would love to hear about them...feel free to comment or leave a msg on my tag board!

P.S...miss you baby!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 04, 2006 1:00 AM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

aw thanks, i miss you too.... oh wait....(awkward pause)....glad you're enjoying the homeland...

whats wrong with your laptop?

 
At January 06, 2006 1:43 PM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

heahehaea.....awkward pause indeed...but i do also miss u too..its so weird..i keep thinking i'm gonna see u when i get back to sydney...can't believe u're all the way back in the t.dot again..
nothing wrong with my laptop..just dont have an internet connection so i use my cousin's computer which is conveniently located in the room i'm sleeping in! woo

 
At January 07, 2006 12:41 AM , Blogger Lady Canyonero said...

woo hoo!!! look at you..living it up in the homeland!!

now you have no excuse for not answering my email..... i can't believe you don't have a single thing to say about that situation...

 
At January 09, 2006 12:15 AM , Blogger subcontinental.giant said...

Dude. I need my computer back ! NO INTERNET AND NO LAPTOP MAKE SG GO CRAZY !

 
At January 11, 2006 8:03 AM , Blogger Jinkerjacket said...

awww poor baby...computer not fixed yet? buy a new one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home